About The Royal Oak Condominiums
The Royal Oak Condominiums are predominantly owner occupied luxury residences located in Calgary's Beltline district. Completed in 1981, The Royal Oak offers many exceptional features. These two bedroom suites are spacious (1300 and 1600 sq. ft.), feature large spacious floor plans, many have wrap-around decks, and fantastic city and mountain views. Most of the units have been upgraded by their owners. The building remained dry in the 2013 flood and did not lose power. We are a true community, holding social events and fostering a spirit of caring and volunteerism. A unique and comfortable place to settle down in.
The Royal Oak is professionally managed. There is also a history of strong Boards that have kept condo fees low while ensuring the building is well maintained and the reserve fund is healthy and aligned to projected needs. We have not had a special assessment in over 15 years.
The Royal Oak offers a wide variety of amenities:
- A modern, bright lobby and newly renovated common hallways
- Great accessibility, including automatic entry doors, covered level drive-in entry from the street, level entry from the underground garage, high speed elevators and suites with 2 large bathrooms
- Large, newly renovated social room with full kitchen and big screen TV
- Secure, titled above and underground parking with an on-site car wash
- Guest suite (sleeps 5, includes minimal kitchen facilities) at a reasonable price
- Central air conditioning
- In-suite laundries
- Video security entry system
- Garbage disposal chutes on each floor
- Fireplaces in some units
- Street parking permits available for guests
- In building mail deposit and parcel delivery
- Mini library
- Small pets allowed on Board approval
About the Neighbourhood
The Royal Oak is located in historic Connaught. The area features a mixture of 2 and 3-storey homes, townhouses, apartments and condominiums. Wide streets, treed boulevards and large open spaces are common in the area. Many of Calgary's historic sandstone buildings, including the Carnegie Central Library, Central Collegiate Institute (now part of the Calgary Board of Education Complex) and Barb Scott Park are nearby.
The area has a high walk score. The Royal Oak is just steps from public transit, 3 major grocery stores, 2 large drug stores, 6 churches, and the Sheldon Chumir Medical Centre. Enjoy specialty shops, boutiques, cafes, restaurants and entertainment facilities in the nearby "Uptown 17" district
Young professionals, empty nesters, young families and independent seniors all find The Royal Oak a great place to call home.